Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Lord's Prayer - Part III



Thy Will Be Done:

Meditate on what God's Will is. This is your task today. If we are ONE with God and God is ONE with us, not separate as unrenewed minds have taught you, then who's Will is God's Will? Ask yourself today in earnestness, not WHAT but WHO is God's Will?

John 7:

16Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.
17If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
18He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the One who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."

Jesus could not say to them, "I am God," for that would have been blasphemy...cause for his arrest and execution. We must be able to see his words within the context of his time and understand what was being said, in what manner and why. For if Jesus were able then to speak the truth in it's entirety, as we know Jesus today, he would have said to us NOW, "I am the teaching." Jesus is God, demonstrated. Jesus spoke about God's Will as a DOING. I believe that means each of us. For whosoever does the work of God is doing the same work that Jesus demonstrated.

Romans 1:

17 God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10 in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.

And WHO shall come to you?

Romans 12:

2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

When will you be able to say to yourself, "I am in this world, but I am not of it?" The key to knowing you are not of this world is to renew your mind. "Be transformed."

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites